Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thinking Rink and Hockey OCD

My OCD is getting the best of me, but better to embrace your demons than avoid them, right? Hockey season is a long ways off, but already I'm thinking about the kid's equipment. If anything, now is the time because they clear out last year's stuff to make way for the new line right before the season starts. Now is the time that you can get some great deals, which speaks volumes to a frugal New Englander like myself. Now the kids are pretty pragmatic about stuff, for which I am grateful for, but I also don't think they have the big picture in mind. That's fine, they're kids after all, but sometimes it's better to deal with it when opportunity knocks.

A&N are always saying they don't need new hockey equipment, and for A that's fine because she's stabilized in her development, but N is still growing. His skates currently fit him but the season is 4 months off, and a lot can happen in that time. I figure if I can find stuff that he will grow into at bargain basement prices, why not jump on that? I even got the green-light from mom after giving her my incredibly convincing argument. I love when that happens.

For N, he will outgrow his skates and sticks, no question. Maybe even his pants, but we have larger pairs in the closet. Skates and sticks are the big ones, and probably the most expensive. A keeps saying her skates are fine, but they are pretty beat up after three seasons. I'll sit tight for now, but if she needs new skates in the middle of the season, we are going to have to shell out full price. Better to do deal with it now with all the sales, isn't it? Or maybe that's just my OCD talking.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Pedro Vezini for the pic.

No comments: