Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More Birthday Fun

We got to do more celebrating of A’s birthday after the weekend, and I think she really enjoys having friends over and doing the sleepover gig. N is still into tagging along, though he’s starting to grumble a little about having to hang with the girls, and he even expresses his disdain to their faces. How’s that for courageous? I’ve told him in the past that at some point he may not want to hang out when it’s just girls, at least until he’s a teenager, then it’ll be a dream come true. Either way, he still has fun with it, and we figure we might as well let him enjoy the ride. Besides, if he can hang with girls at this age, it’ll mean he can relate to them better when his interest in girls becomes more complicated. Right now, that scenario is hard to envision.

A had her buddies over for a sleepover because it happened to work out logistically. For whatever reason, there was no school the next day, and they got our early the day before. So, they came over after A’s rehearsal, we had pizza and then they hung out and watched movies until midnight. Talk about a long night. I think they went to bed after me.

R got her a chocolate mousse cake from Lou’s, my absolute favorite, and we pigged out after supper. I’m cutting back on my sugar consumption, and have been limiting myself to only dark chocolate, but I couldn’t resist eating the cake. It’s amazing stuff, and I had seconds. I was waiting to go into glycemic shock, but for whatever reason, I didn’t feel that bad. Go figure. I should have had a third piece.

It was a fun day/night, and it’s still not over. We’re currently bowling and then we’re supposed to do laser tag, and then after that, over to Hanover for gelato. R and I have been a bit concerned by the amount of junk food that we’ve been eating, but we figure it’s once a year, and the key is to cram in fresh fruit and veggies as well.

So far so good, though the day isn’t over, yet.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to freakgirl for the pic.

1 comment:

german for children said...

Hey this is a great post . Can I use a portion of it on my site ? I would obviously link back to your page so people could view the complete post if they wanted to. Thanks either way.