Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mud Season

I figured with the paltry amount of snow that we’d gotten this winter, mud season wouldn’t be so bad, but so far that has not been the case. If anything, it’s really bad out there. Now mud season is a drag no matter what, but for whatever reason, I get the sense that it’s about as bad as I’ve seen it. What’s crazy is that we’ve been having warm weather, so you’d think the snow would melt and evaporate, but I realize there are other factors to consider, including the ground thawing. Plus, the way I understand it, the mud won’t go away until the leaves come. That’s when the water soaking the ground gets taken up by the trees. Cool fact.

Either way, it makes it a challenge to drive, even just down our driveway. Our road is getting pretty bad, and driving around the area’s dirt roads can be a nightmare. Hopefully the town will do something about it soon, but for now, I’d just as soon just stay home and not have to drive.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to redjar for the pic.

No comments: