Tuesday, March 20, 2012

So Lonely

We had our final open stick at Union Arena. I was all set to give it one last hurrah, I was looking forward to it, and nobody else showed up. What a bummer. I usually try to get there a bit early to get as much ice time as possible before we play. I warmed up and then did some puck handling drills, but at some point as 7:30 rolled around, nobody else appeared. I kept skating, and eventually some high school girls showed up to practice (they were really good), but none of the regular crew.

Talks about disappointment, I was crushed. My final stint on the ice, and it was just not meant to be. Oh well, I still got to skate and practice my shot, but it wasn’t quit the same. I was looking forward to playing a game, but it looks like I’ll have to wait until next season.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ghetu Daniel for the pic.

No comments: