Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wary of Warm Spring Weather

I think I’m the only person around here who is wary of the recent beautiful weather. I hate to be a wet blanket, but come on, 70 degrees in March? While everyone around me is raving about how warm and wonderful the weather is, I sit and worry about how bad summer is going to be. How’s that for cynical? Part of this wariness stems from the mild winter we had. There was no snow, and while most people celebrated this fact, I was bummed. I love the snow, not just because I’m a skier, but because it really changes the landscape and makes the season feel magical. We had none of this. When there’s no snow, everything looks a little drab and dreary.

Besides, I figured the lack of snow would temper the mud season, but thus far it’s been horrible. Don’t get me wrong, it’s always nice to welcome spring, no question about it, but I would think more reasonable weather would portend a more reasonable summer. Who knows what the weather will be like come July.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to NixBC for the pic.

No comments: