Monday, July 22, 2013

A Day of Rest... sort of

When I say a day of rest, I mean for the kids, not myself. The word “rest” only applies when we’re on vacation, which is yet another great reason to take vacations. This weekend the kids took it easy and I was able to get some things done around the house, or rather, the barn. Early in the morning I headed over to the ice rink to help Mr. Hockey remove the ice, and it was quicker than I thought. Don’t get me wrong, it takes days to complete the job, and it’s an incredible amount of work, but my part only took a few hours. The problem is that a lot of the jobs require only two or three people, so once the big jobs are done, my presence wasn’t really needed. Fine by me.

After the arena, I went home and headed straight for the barn to finish working on the corner thingies, or as my Mentor has informed me, the “returns.” I kind of like the name “corner thingy,” but it’s hard to explain this to contractors because not only do they have no idea what I’m talking about, but they wonder how I came up with such a dorky name. I did manage to get 3 out of 4 of them completed, and the last one is about 90% done, so I’m in good shape. Once they are done, I can install the soffit, which will be a lot easier with HH’s nail gun, and then we can put in siding. Amazing.

Then again, sometimes it takes me months just to hammer in a few nails, so no sense in celebrating, just yet.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to David for the pic.

No comments: