Monday, July 8, 2013

Car Exchange

Since nothing I do is ever simple, I figure why make the car exchange any easier? We got a second car (woo-hoo!) but there was a small issue with some scratched on the paint near the door. In all honesty, it wasn’t a huge deal, and I might not have noticed it had the dealer mentioned something, but since it was a new car, and they offered to pick it up and have it fixed, we wanted it done. Shearer came on Monday and got the car, giving us a loaner, which for the record was an upgrade, a Honda Accord. The kids loved it, and I admit it was nice, if not a bit big for my taste. I like the small coziness of our Fit, which also gets superior gas mileage.

We enjoyed the week with the Accord, we were in the lap of luxury and the kids loved all the bells and whistles. Plus, it was an automatic, which is nice but really makes driving a mindless endeavor. The one issue I had with the car were the automatic locks, which I really dislike. They offered them on the Fit, and we requested that they remove them. It’s a complete pain when the doors automatically lock and unlock, and I for one find no redeeming value in them.

As I mentioned, we had the Accord for the week, and on Friday our Fit was ready and they were coming to exchange. This, of course, happened to be the day of the big go-cart race, so we were busy with that. The race was at 1:00, so I asked them to come around 1:30, which in retrospect was not the best planning, but it worked out. I took the kids and the cart to the school, dropped everyone off, and then came home to do the exchange. The Shearer man was waiting, and we swapped keys and he was on his way, probably happy to have a more luxurious car with colder air conditioning. I was happy to have our Fit back.

Now life can go on as usual, and we are back to being a two Fit family. I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ray Chan for the pic.

No comments: