Sunday, July 7, 2013

Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head

And how! This weather has been crazy, and despite the fact that I tend to whine and complain, I think it’s fairly warranted in this situation. This summer has been brutal, and if there is a complaints department, I’d like to submit a claim. Thus far, May and June have set records for rainfall, and it just keeps coming. The weather has been an awful combination of extremely humid heat followed by torrential downpours. It’s like living in a rainforest, I kid you not. Everything is damp and musty, and it’s kind of a drag.

It makes it hard to do things outside, like take care of the yard and do the farmer’s market, but nobody said life in New England was easy. Only real men apply, or at least real men in training. There is some cause for concern because the rain has come down so hard at times that we’ve had some flooding. In fact, our road got washed out a bit, as did our driveway, and now we need to do some repair work, like I know how to do that. The town came and fixed the road right away, and I was hoping they’d just dump a bit of gravel on the end of our driveway, as well, but no such luck. The ruts are pretty big, and it makes driving a little bumpy, so I can’t embrace my favorite approach of ignoring it. What a bummer.

Oh well, what’s life without a little drama and adventure. This is something I’ll have to look into, and hopefully there will be a simple solution, but that never seems to be the case, does it?

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Cuba Gallery for the pic.

No comments: