Sunday, July 28, 2013

Homecoming Supper

HAIH returned from their big sojourn over in Europe, and we got to hang out and have supper with them. It was a nice to see them back, and I have to confess, I was glad they made it back in time to see their cat one last time. As I mentioned, we were watching their pets while they were away, and their cat was on his last leg. He was about 15 years old, and had a number of health issues. Our instructions were to have him put down if need be, and then save the body for their return. Seriously? I understood why, I just didn’t want to have to actually implement said plan, though we would have if need be.

Luckily, it didn’t need to be. In fact, I thought the cat was doing okay on the cusp of their return, and HH said she even let him out a couple of times when she got back, and she and the girls all got to see him when they got back. By the time we went over for supper, I think he had wandered off into the woods for his last hurrah, which when you really get down to it, is a nice way to go. He probably went to find his favorite hunting spot and just laid down and went to sleep. We should all be so lucky.

Anyway, I think it worked out well, and it was nice seeing our friends back from Europe. They were raring to go, much to my surprise, because after a long trip like that, I’m pretty useless. I’m pretty useless as it is, but especially so after a big trip like that. We had a nice supper on the deck, HH went for the Euro-inspired supper with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, a killer potato salad and fresh bread. We brought along some cool cucumber soup and cupcakes from the market, and HH brought out some chocolate which we devoured. I think she was bummed that we ate all her chocolate, figuring we’d just have a few samples and be done with it, but she didn’t know how we eat chocolate in this house. We plowed through it, and I felt bad, so I left the bar she brought back for us from France. It’s the least I could do.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Alpha for the pic.

No comments: