Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Gardening Like Crazy

I'm not sure why we're so inspired with gardening this year, but inspired we are, and it's been reasonably taxing. What's crazy is the heavy weeding is still to come, and that's what usually breaks my spirit. Hopefully this year it won't be more of the same.

So far it hasn't been too bad battling critters, especially with our high-tech solution, but for whatever reason our tomatoes have been a little anemic. We have them going in three plots and so far none of them have really taken off. I don't think we're alone, and someone mentioned that the weather has not been conducive to happy tomatoes. Ironically, it's been the sort of summer I like; not too hot, with cool breezes and not too much rain. I'm guessing scorching heat is the way to go. Just goes to show you, you can't have it all.

It will get hot, no doubt, but for now, we are looking at these little plants that are being assaulted by bugs, which could very well do them in. I've been trying the diatomaceous earth, and it seems to be working. I want to believe, but as we all know, Mother Nature will always have her way.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Dena for the pic.

No comments: