Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. We actually have a busy day planned ahead of us, though not really in the spirit of F-Day because it involves carting the kids to various activities. Not that I'm complaining, I'm not a big fan of days in my honor, and if it's an excuse for doing something fun with the family, count me in.

This morning we have to head up to N's lax tournament, which we did yesterday, as well. It's a bit of a trek, about 1.5 hours one way, but it's a nice drive through the Killington Pass and fairly straightforward. We did it yesterday and will repeat it today. He has two games, and then afterward we will head to UF, which will go until dinnertime. R is going to prepare supper so we can get a quick bite in, and then I have a library board meeting, which is kind of bad timing on F-Day, don't you think?

Originally the kids had a buddy spending the night last night, which changed our planning of F-Day. I was thinking of going out for breakfast, but now we had guests. We could have simply brought her along, but I figured she wanted to spend F-day with her dad. She wasn't feeling well last night, however, and had to go home so our plans shifted again. Now I think the plan is for R to make us F-Day breakfast, then we'll hit the road and get our crazy day started.


Hope everyone has a nice day, especially all the dads, and thanks for reading, and thanks to Johnna Phillips for the pic.

No comments: