Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lending a Hand

We've re-connected with our friends the H's who lost their mother several months back in a terrible accident. I am good friends with the dad and know the kids fairly well, they're all older and somewhat self-sufficient now. They're great kids, and I wanted to help out so I started cooking meals for them. I didn't even know if they were getting them because I never saw them, but I just kept leaving them by their door. Later on I was told by the eldest daughter that they really loved and appreciated the food. Say no more.

Then they moved and I wasn't sure where to find them, so I stopped with the food. The oldest had a baby just recently, and I saw the new dad at work and mentioned starting up with the food again, and even though they're proud and don't want hand-outs, he alluded to it being helpful. I got their new address and we're back in the saddle. Sure, it's more work, and there's a certain expense involved feeding 4-6 people, especially young teenage men, but you can't put a price on friendship. I'm sort of glad to be helping out again because I'd like to help in any way I can.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jacob for the pic.

No comments: