Tuesday, June 24, 2014

On the Job

I went to my first day on the job at my new gig as a standardized patient (SP in professional parlance) and it wasn't half bad. It's not unlike acting, and the regulars whom I met take it pretty seriously. I even had to give it a go, just for practice, and they rate your performance and conversely want sincere feedback when they go. It's pretty serious stuff. The other SPs that I met were mostly veterans, though one guy looked like he was in college. They knew the drill and took it very seriously. I was impressed.

This should be interesting. I'm still in training mode and learning the ropes, but there is something interesting about going to work again. You realize that people who go to work have it easy compared to those who stay at home with the kids, isn't that right, JR? Leaving the house and all it's responsibilities and being at work is like taking a break. Almost, dare I say, like a mini-vacation.

It's been good thus far, the hospital takes the gig very seriously, so that puts a little pressure to perform, but that's what makes it fun, right? Otherwise you just mindlessly go about your day.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Chris Bordenka for the pic.

No comments: