Monday, September 8, 2008

Cats in Our Future

It looks like we might be getting some kittens. We went with R yesterday to GS's house and of course she fell in love with the kittens, how could you not? There are two we chose and the they seemed to be the one's that A&N found acceptable, though I have to confess their enthusiasm is less than the overwhelming response that I thought it would be. Even still, they are excited, and I think it will be a fun and rewarding experience. I've never had a cat before.

I've got the home school paperwork to GS and he said he'd do an assessment for A, and we are eternally grateful for that. I also have to get on the curriculum for next year, I have until Oct. 1 I believe, and I'm still kicking myself for slacking off. How could I be so stupid? Either way, have to focus on it, though it really infringes on my time. No use crying over it, a good lesson in life.

Still working on those activities. I'm still leaning towards horses, but I've found it's hard to get A&N to give me a straight answer when it comes to their interests. They seem so non-committal about things, and at times we have to force the issue for them to decide. Maybe I need to approach it accordingly. After all, they need to experience things before they know they like him, thus the over-scheduling phenomenon, but we don't want to go too far into that. Not a good thing.

If you can believe it, we are planning yet another vacation, right on the heels of our last one to Cape Cod. The circumstances sort of evolved to make this happen, it is highly unusual, but it should be fun. We're off to Spain and Rome, should be interesting, though my travel anxiety is bubbling up once again.

The weekend was nice, though it rained like crazy on Saturday and held up my home improvement plans. We never heard from the Big C, and though I know they're busy with school and probably every sport imaginable, I still feel a sense of abandonment now that school is in full swing and C is filled with activities, i.e., they no longer need us. I know it's my own anxiety, but for A, who loves this kid, it's harder to comprehend. Either way, at times it seems, and we're guilty of this, too, that they don't need us, so they won't bother to call. It's all so complicated, furthered by the fact that life is so much easier without.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: