Thursday, September 4, 2008

Home-locked

Having one car makes it really hard at times because we are bound to the home, or home-locked, if you will. Then again, this in not necessarily a bad thing, and A&N are very good at entertaining themselves. It encourages them to be more imaginative and creative, and they do a wonderful job of it, but I still feel bad because I know they love to play with other kids. We are currently going on day four of being home-locked, but so far it has been very good. The kids are behaving like the stars that they are.

I have been looking into the whole home-school regulation thing and feel a little better, just a little, and think it's pretty doable. My good friend, GL, is a teacher and has agreed to do the year end assessment, and I think I can whip out a curriculum in the next week. Otherwise, there are many things going on.

Today, actually, CH is coming over, and tomorrow we'll hit the town so we'll have things to do, and again, they do so well at home on their own. Sometimes I think, if anything, friends get in the way of their fun, they can't always do the stuff the love to to, like read or play imaginary games, of which they are very good.

On the cat front, we are getting closer by the minute. I spoke with GS and he has out two girl cats on the ready. R has agreed to getting the kittens, begrudgingly, and I know she's just laying in wait for something to go wrong so she can tear me a new asshole. It's stressful, because something will go wrong, no question about it, but by focusing on the negatives, it makes the situation all the less enjoyable. Something that should be celebrated and that might make the kids so happy should be embraced, I think. I know it's going to be more work, but that work will fall on only one person's shoulders, MINE. Not hers. Either way, I'm willing to deal with the stress and hardship if it's something that will make the kids' lives more rewarding and enjoyable. Besides, we live in the country, we should have pets.

Still trying to figure out our Fall schedule. We don't want to get too crazy with scheduling, but also want the kids to have activities. We're looking into horses, and maybe some music or dance. Not sure if we'll do the Sat dance thing, N doesn't want it, and A hasn't said much. I'd still like to get them into guitar.

Lots to consider, and we're not giving it the focus that it requires. Will have to deal with that on top of all the other things we have to deal with. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: