Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Week Ends

Ah, Friday at last. But what does that really mean? Had a busy day yesterday, had to make beef stew for the R's and then plan for today's meal, but it went well, everyone enjoyed the food so that made it all worthwhile. Then again, stew is pretty straightforward, and we used good John Madden beef, even though he didn't have the cut I wanted, it was really good meat.

Last night everyone managed to make it to contradance and they had a blast. More importantly, the kids had a blast. I felt it was important for the kids, esp. A, to get out and see their friends, and knowing IS and CH were going to be there made it a no-brainer. Best of all, they were excited to see A, and she had fun. I'm glad they made it, I know R didn't want to go, she was tired and I can't blame her, but I wanted JR to also experience town life, and that's just one thing. I hope she liked it. I was ready to go myself, if need be, but took the fall and stayed at home with RR, which is always cool because we have interesting and thoughtful discourse, and I think it's good for me to attend to any needs he has, not that he needs me, but might as well if I can.

Today is RR's birthday, and I need to make hot fudge sauce and brownies, though I wanted to include the kids, but I may have to take charge and make them before I leave for the dump, where I have to take care of hazardous waste. Started up again on the clapboards and I'll finish that in the coming days, but in the meantime have to take care of domestic duties.

I've noticed that I'm the only one who is changing the cat litter. I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed. I realize I created this situation, but someone else could come forward and lend a hand. I'm making sure A should feed the cats, even though she really doesn't want to, but can't make it optional. She must.

Found a cool riding stable, had to make the big switch but it went smoothly, though these things seem to always come back to haunt me. I think the new stable is more our speed, easier and for beginners, and Is goes there, as do other girls A's age, so it works better. A and IS can't be in the same class but they'll overlap and hopefully get to see eachother in the horse environment. I can't tell you how happy I am that Is was so thrilled to see A at the dance. That just made my day.

Rollerblading has been going well, a big hit, though we took a chance on that one. Have much to do, will have to do it. Until then, thanks for reading.

PS Trying to write at night, not succeeding!

No comments: