Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kittens and Life at Home

I was thinking about the sacrifices that parents make for the children, or in the modern era, the lack of sacrifices that parents make for their children because they're too wrapped up in themselves, but it got me to thinking about our cats. I met up with a great deal of resistance to the idea of getting cats, I literally had to kick and scream to get someone to agree to it, and not only am I not a cat person, but I'm allergic to them. I was willing to suffer for my sins, but it meant that much to me to get them because A&N wanted them so much.

Well, it was finally agreed upon, and now that we have them, everyone loves them. AND, I haven't been too allergic to them. Actually, I haven't been at all, but I don't want to get too carried away.

It takes a lot for a person to put their kids first, and maybe the world would be a better place if parents were willing to compromise a bit of their self-interest for the benefit of their kids. I see it so much, parents who are not willing to bend and leave their kids in the background. I understand, you have to look out for yourself, as well, but kids should be given the benefit of your time and attention. At the very least, a compromise, if not sacrifice, of your time. They're only kids for a short time, and soon enough you'll realize your wish of them not wanting you around, and then all you'll have is regret. Then, of course, it's too late.

We've been using GL's car and it has come in massively handy. It gives us mobility, though I hesitate to become too dependent on it because it's not a permanent situation. Then again, we could always buy his car.

It's been a scramble to prep for Ruth's parent's arrival, but we are excited about their visit. It seems like I set out with a huge and ambitious plan to get things done, but manage to accomplish none of it. Before I know it, the day is done. It's frustrating, and I've reached a stage where I think it's best to focus simply on one thing at a time, get it done, and then move onto the next thing. There's just so much to do, and we haven't started to clean. Shit!

I've sent out the portfolio for A's first grade and hope to heck that they'll find it acceptable. Then again, I'm sure they'll let me know if it isn't, but at least I'll get some direction. Now I need to work on the curriculum, I have until Oct. 1. I've vowed to be more organized about this crap, but it's easier said than done. R has dropped the ball a bit, and I could use more help from her, but she's incredibly busy and I can't get too hung up on who does what. It just has to be done.

Trying to be social, as well. The friends are all in school and I've been scrambling to find social outlets for these guys. They've really taken to rollerblading, thankfully (another purchase where I had to stick my neck out), and I want to find other assorted activities. They are lukewarm on dance, but I think it would be fun for them.

Back to the grindstone, have to work out that barn before the R;s arrive. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: