Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Art Projects

The kids love going to the library story hour, which is not that well attended by kids in the local school, even though it's a free event offered to anybody. Whatever be the case, it's a mellow time where they get together, have a snack, and do an art project while the librarian reads them a story. I realize this sounds kind of dull, but it's a really nice time from my POV. I can go into the library and either read, work on the computer, or if I'm really lucky, take a nap, and the kids have a blast. They look forward to it, and a few of their friends are regulars, so it works out nicely.

Plus, they get to do all sorts of cool artwork. The projects are simple, but A&N have a good time and put some thought and effort into their work. Last time they did simple things on paper, and I was impressed with the level of focus that went into them. N did the "Jackson-Pollack-esque" piece, which is all the more impressive when you consider that he had to glue and attach all that yarn.

A drew a piece inspired by the book series that she's read in the past, and she did a stand-up job, if I may say so myself.

Either way, a good time was had by all, and I'm glad we have the chance to use our local library.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: