Thursday, October 14, 2010

Final Market in Jeopardy

A friend was likening this to when you have a big exam that you study your butt off for and then the test is canceled. On the one hand you're disappointed because you spent so much time preparing, but on the other hand, you're elated because you don't have to take the test.

That's how I feel about the market, though I don't feel much in the way of disappointment. The week was progressing and it was becoming clear that we were going to have make dumplings at some point before Friday. Actually, more to the point, I was going to have to make dumplings, and I wasn't thrilled about it. By Wednesday, I knew something had to be done, so I set about making the fillings.

We serve 5 kinds of dumplings, and I ended making 4 of the fillings. It took me most of the morning, but it was a good start. I began making the beef dumplings when I checked the weather and it indicated rain and wind on Friday.

Say no more, if the weather was going to be foul, there was no way I was going to make dumplings. I put everything in the freezer and took the day off, which of course means nothing when you're a SAHD because as anyone who watches the kids knows, you never get a day off.

I do have some mixed emotions about the whole thing. It is the last market, and if it is canceled, then we probably won't see the other vendors, our brethren, for quite some time. Oh well, I'll get it over it if it means not having to make dumplings.

We shall see. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Saiuri for the pic.

No comments: