Monday, October 25, 2010

Cinema Paradisio

There is a series of books that A had been a fan of about a year ago, and they made it into a movie. It's called the Guardians of Ga'hoole, and of course we were going to check it out. A even made a beautiful illustration depicting the book cover.

The only problem was that it was playing at a theater that wasn't so warm and fuzzy. We much prefer the Nugget in the big city, but this was playing at the multi-plex in Lebanon. Now this is a much more mainstream theater, but they have signs saying "No backpacks" and they stress the right to confiscate food that you've brought into the theater from home.

Now I understand it's a business and they're just upholding their end, but it's rather draconian, and the fact that it's so in your face makes it a bit unpleasant. Plus, the last time we were there, the guy working was unfriendly and we saw him in action busting a family and taking their food. It wasn't a pleasant scene.

The theater is a little grungy, as well.

The thing is, they play a lot of mainstream movies, while the Nugget, being a college theater, goes for more eclectic fair. This movie was a bit of an event, so there was no getting around going to the theater.

As it turns out, the mean guy wasn't there, and we had a pleasant experience. Plus, A keeps telling me that I'm too cynical, I focus too much on the negatives, and I tend to complain about everything, so I'll make more of an effort to keep my criticisms to myself, or rather, my blog.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: