Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Good Neighbor Policy

I wrote about this on my other blog, but felt it deserved a mention here. When we came home from our trip, we had no idea how bad the weather had been, but our cat sitter PV mentioned that a tree had fallen down and blocked the driveway. The tree in question was destined to fall because it had been leaning for weeks and we knew it was coming down.

Of course, it did when we were gone. I left a couple of emergency phone numbers with PV and she called our neighbor, JH, who is one of those guys who can do just about anything. They guy is amazing.

At first I had no idea who had cut it down, but looking at what an incredible job they did, I narrowed it down to one of three people-JH, JH, or my Mentor. My Mentor had no idea what I was talking about, and when I asked PV, she mentioned calling JH, so it all became clear.

Not only did he clear the path, but he trimmed the branches off and left them in a pile, and he cut the tree into blocks and stacked them neatly by the road. What a great guy.

When we came home, we had no idea that a tree had even fallen, though in retrospect, how could I have missed it?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: