Friday, October 29, 2010

Crazy Weather and New Rakes

Not that I'm complaining, but I don't know what to make of the weather sometimes. Last week it was freezing cold and we even had a few October snow showers, which is a bit early, even for a New England neophyte.

This week, it warmed up to what felt at times like 80 degrees. I doubt it was that warm, but the weather forecast called for temps in the mid-70s. That's incredible, though again, not bad news for taking care of our septic tank.

Because it was so nice, A&N were inspired to go out and rake the leaves into a big pile. Our rakes have taken a beating over the years, a lot of which is due to neglect on my part. I.e., I leave them out over the Winter and they degrade. Consequently, they break, and though they're still usable, they sure lose a lot of efficiency.

With two broken rakes, the job of making a leaf pile was all the more challenging, but the kids weren't complaining. At some point we did decide, however, that we needed new rakes. We headed over to Aubuchon and got two new ones, one metal and the other plastic. They have some really cheap rakes, and you probably get cheaper ones at Family Dollar, but at some point you have to ask yourself if you're really saving any money... my Mentor, not to mention JH and my in-laws, would be proud of that POV.

We broke in the new rakes ASAP, building up the pile and making it almost ready to jump into. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: