Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hitting the Ice

A has indicated that she wants to have girl's day out again with mom, so that means that N and I have to go out in search of guy things to do. Not too hard when you live in real-man territory like Vermont. It did throw off my plans to split and stack wood, however.

I figured with it being October, we could hit the ice and get our skating legs back in shape. Union Arena is open again for the season, so we jumped at the opportunity. We planned on having pizza and hot chocolate at the rink, as well.

When we got there, there were several kids skating but they were all beginners. They were about N's age, though older, and I have to confess, N skated circles around them, not that these things are important. All of the kids were using crates and N just skated like a pro, he's so good on the ice.

We had lunch and then headed over to the craft fair in Woodstock, which was a little depressing now that I'm well versed in what it's like to be on the other side of the table. All those vendors trying to make a buck selling their wares which they worked so hard on. Almost made me want to buy something just to support them... almost.

Afterward, N and I came home and split and stacked the wood until it got dark, just to complete our real-manly day. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Lotus Head for the pic.

No comments: