Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Return to Pottery

We made it back to pottery class and I have to confess, I think it's a good one for the kids. They really enjoy it, their buddies are there, and they make some really cool stuff. In other art classes they work with clay or some facsimile thereof, but they don't get to bake it in the kiln and glaze it, which I personally think moves the artwork to another level. Something that you might keep forever, and or makes an even more impressive present.

Whatever be the case, I think they have a blast, and it is an area where I really think the kids shine, especially N. In fact, there were a couple of pieces that had been left over from the previous class that were ready to take home, and they were so nicely done. You can't tell from the pic, but they bowl and box pictured here are really well done. They both have a really cool texture that must have taken a lot of time and patience, not necessarily trademark qualities of young boys. I'm really impressed, and as he explained, the box took some creative problem solving to pull off.

I'm glad the kids are back in. The class was big, there were a bunch of new students. I'd like to keep it going, but it is a little expensive, and I had to convince R that it was worth it. Maybe since the other classes are over, this one will work out.

Either that or I'd better start getting my glorious freelance writing career on track. We'll see what happens with that one. Until then, thanks for reading.


big class, the kids really love it, I get 2 hours to run errands

No comments: