Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Library Emergency

There was a minor crisis at the library, and I got a phone call on Monday morning asking if I could help with their task at hand. For full disclosure, I had indicated that I would help, but that was weeks ago, and being the disorganized slob that I am, never wrote the date down and subsequently forgot. In essence, I was supposed to be there.

When MD called, she asked if I could come and fill in for some people who were no-shows, and when I asked when, she said, "Now!" I felt bad for forgetting, even if it was a holiday.

Either way, I had to pack up the kids, bring along entertainment (because the library was essentially closed), and then head over there. It was actually kind of fun, and I really like all the people affiliated with the library. Like all the things around here, they do a great job, and we are lucky to have a such a nice library in town.

Don't get me started on how lucky we are to live here.

After the work, I took the kids to have wings for lunch (they were so well-behaved), but not before stopping at Green Mountain Smokehouse, where I found they not only have nitrate-free bacon, but nitrate-kielbasa and sweet Italian sausage. Now, if they only had nitrate free hot dogs, life would be good.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to Kriss Szkurlatowski for the pic.

No comments: