Friday, April 11, 2014

Free Magazines

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I recently let my subscription to my beloved New Yorker lapse, and have instead been checking them out of the library or picking up discards. It has worked out beautifully. We all love the New Yorker, it's an amazing mag, but a little pricey. Being the frugal maniac that I am, it's hard to justify the cost.

Getting them at the library has several advantages. First off, it's free, and that pretty much says it all, but wait, there's more. It's nice letting others read them once I'm done, and gets me off the hook to recycle them. Finally, as much as I love the mag, I would say that about 25%-30% of the articles are of no interest to me. In fact, there are times when for the life of me I can't find anything that captivates me enough to sit and read through it. At those moments, I question the worth of buying a subscription.

I was a little wary of trying to the mag for free, but it's worked out fine. Now if I could just get some people to take the same approach to People Magazine, we could save even more, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

Oh well, have to be happy with what you got, right? Or is it what you don't got?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to AtotheNA for the pic.

No comments: