Friday, April 11, 2014

Learning a New Trick

I've been learning Web based coding (i.e., HTML) and it's pretty amazing what goes into the Web stuff that we all look at it. Every image and word has some form of code that must be translated into the final product that you see. I learned Web design when I made my website, but the software is so advanced now that you don't have to know anything about HTML, you simply drag, copy and paste. Piece of cake.

The reason I am trying to learn code in the first place is that I saw a writing job listed online that looked interesting, but when I went to apply, they required that you submit your application in HTML. Boy did that end poorly. Actually, I didn't even attempt it at that point, but it dawned on me that maybe a rudimentary knowledge of code might not hurt. Plus, it's sort of interesting, if you're into that kind of stuff.

I don't think I'm ready to do hardcore Web design, but for now I'll be happy just to have a basic understanding. I'm learning what I can with free resources, for which there are plenty, and I'm sure that in no time I'll be making the big buck to support our fabulously opulent lifestyle.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to infocux Technologies for the pic.

No comments: