Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sock it to Me

Coaching for both of my kids hockey teams was a bear of a job, and one more than a number of occasions I asked myself, "What was I thinking?" I would do it again if my kids thought it was helpful, and I think it is on some level. Sure, they roll their eyes over the antics of their dad, but there's no denying that I'm definitely involved. I'm not sure if I'll do it again next season, but we shall see.

In the meantime, I was given gifts from both of the teams. From A's team they gave me a gift certificate for a local restaurant, which was really nice. And form N's team, and I believe this was the work of one family, I got a pair of socks. Not just any socks, but a pair of Darn Tough socks, made in Vermont. I've seen them before at assorted stores but never bought them because they were too expensive. As most of you know, I go cheap, and pay the price for it, no pun intended.

This is somewhat ironic because over the years living in New England, I've come to appreciate the value of a good pair of socks, especially wool socks. Cheap socks wear out and then you have buy new ones, or wear them with your toes and ankles sticking out. The cool thing about these Darn Tough socks it that they are guaranteed for life. If they wear out, they'll replace them, no questions asked. How can that possibly be?

Now I've only had them for a month, but I already love them. I hope they last, because I'm sick of wearing cheap crappy socks. The story of my life. Check back with me in the fall, where they'll really be put to the test. For now, thanks to SY and AM for the incredibly thoughtful present.


Thanks for reading, and thanks to fishify for the pic.

No comments: