Tuesday, April 22, 2014

It Pays to Be Patient

As some of you may know by now, I have been looking for employment that will pay me the big bucks while allowing me to be at home with the kids while working on my tan. So far, I haven't found much, but I'm still looking.

In the meantime, I've been working more diligently at finding something, especially in terms of my glorious freelance writing career. That is constantly in the works, but I've also looked at jobs where I have to physically be there. It's funny how this works, but most jobs just won't pay you unless you're present and accounted for. What a bummer. I could probably find a job full time because they are always looking for people, a fact that I learned first hand when I explored job opportunities in the next town. I got a few call backs, which really surprised me.

Anyway, I've also been looking at the big boss around here, Dartmouth, and there is not a lack of opportunities. They were even looking for an assistant coach for the men's hockey team. How cool would that be?

I did find something intriguing over at the hospital, and that was being a standardized patient. I didn't even know they did these sort of things, though I later learned they did a Seinfeld episode on it. It makes sense, doctors and nurses need to practice with real people, so they get people to act out in staged situations. They even pay people to do it.

I applied, thinking it would be a nice part time gig, and they called me. I went to the interview not really knowing what to expect, and it was pretty low key. I even knew one of the other interviewees. I'm not sure what will come of it, I don't even know if I got the job, but I'm guessing they'll let me know. It could be an interesting experience, to say the least, though they don't pay much, as you would expect.


I'll let you know when I find out more. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Stanford EdTech for the pic.

No comments: