Friday, April 11, 2014

Snowmelt and Splitting Time

The snow is gradually receding, though where we live, it seems to last the longest since we're somewhat sequestered in the woods. This makes it much nicer and cooler in summer because it's shaded, which I'm all for, but it does mean slower snow melt. Melt it will, however, and now the ground is starting to reappear. This also means that the wood pile is revealing itself, enough to actually split some wood.

I don't think I'll be able to cut any logs for a few weeks, but last fall I moved a couple of cords of wood to the splitting area thinking I'd get it done before this past winter, which never happened, but the wood is still there. I figure I can split and stack that and then assess our wood situation. I think (hope?) I have enough for this coming winter, and then if I can score a truck load, I can cut and split that over summer/fall. I know this is often wishful thinking, but you have to hopeful for something, right?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to cam17 for the pic.

No comments: