Wednesday, October 26, 2016

95% Done

Definitely light at the end of the tunnel...

I don't know if this is my OCD or simply a way to avoid doing other things that require my attention, but I have been focusing on finishing that year 2 woodpile, and it's looking pretty darn good. You can tell you're in good shape when it looks like just a small gap that needs filling in. As it stands there is plenty of wood to fill the need if we finish year 1 and need to dip in, but hopefully year 1 will hold and we won't have to do that. Usually I have several things going at once and I tend to neglect or forget about several of them and they sit around unattended, haunting me and reminding me of my impotence.

I decided to just plow ahead and get at least one thing done. Sure, it's at the expense of things that might require more immediate attention, but at least one project will move forward to completion. Then, if I'm looking at other projects that are incomplete, at least I can say I got one thing done. I would like to point out that I was able to make this amazing progress because of the help of the kids, who did a lions share of the stacking. While I personally love to stack wood (and cut and split it), it does take a lot of time, and the kids do a great job. All I need to do is split it and they take over, it's great.

Plus, there's something special about looking at a nicely stacked pile of wood; it makes you feel warm inside, especially when it's burning.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to shockk for the pic.

No comments: