Friday, October 21, 2016

Power Ride

I don't get nearly enough aerobic exercise as I could, and with hockey season looming this could cause me great pain and suffering. As a way to temper this, I have been doing a bit of bike riding that entails some pretty serious hills. Mom and the kids do what they call a "power walk" that goes on for about 3.5 miles and includes some major hills, and when I say major, I mean majorly-major. Enough to bring a grown man to his knees, that's for sure. The challenge, however, means that you get a good workout, and I've been doing it fairly regularly, which in my case means 2-3 times. Even still, that 2-3 times more than I'd done all summer, and I feel motivated.

We'll see how long this motivation lasts, but it feels good to get out and break out into a sweat. Who knows, I may even start to fit into my jeans. Stranger things have happened.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to c.enoksson for the pic.

No comments: