Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Season's Greetings

Time for the puck to be dropped to the ice. Hockey season has begun and it's always an interesting time when we return to the rink because while it's nice to see old friends again it's also bit overwhelming having to greet that massive wave of people. How many times can I ask, "how was your summer?" Either way, this year seemed to come up faster than usual, or we weren't on the lookout and it crept up out of nowhere. N alluded to being a bit nervous to be on the ice, and I can totally relate. As usual I'm slated to be a coach and I'm asking the same old question: what the heck was I thinking? Throw in the usual neurosis about the sport (even more so this year) and it makes for interesting theater. So many unknowns to start the season that I won't get into, at least not yet.

For now it's time to get our gear up to date and get our hockey legs warmed up. Regardless of what happens it should be an interesting season.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Eric Kilby for the pic.

No comments: