Friday, October 21, 2016

Return to Sender

In less than a week we managed to get all the splitting we needed to accomplish done. This is a record for us because in the past it took us, or rather me, at least a month, if not more. Granted, this was largely due to me resting on my laurels while I sat and watched the wood pile gather dust and mold. Somehow this time around I just motivated and powered through it. I think several things helped. First, I had N there to help me, so it made it much faster and easier. Second, JM wanted to use it next, so he was waiting for it. Thirdly, the weather has been cool and pleasant, making the job more tolerable. And finally, we are on a mission to get that year 2 pile done before it snows, so the clock is ticking. I'd say it's about 90% done, which is better than most years.

The arranging of transportation has been incredibly smooth, as well, so when I called JM to say I was done, he literally came by an hour later to get it. We passed him in our driveway on the way out and when we returned home, the splitter was gone. Don't you love when that happens?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to dennis dahn for the pic.

No comments: