Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fully Stacked

In the interest of the all important goal of making dad's life easier, I have been increasingly reliant on the help of the kids in doing my daily chores, especially the ones that require a little muscle. N has been doing most of the lawn-mowing, though I still do the hills, and I've come up with a new system to stack the firewood. I cut and split the wood, but then A transports it with the wheelbarrow to the stacked pile, and N stacks it. This addresses many concerns, including helping dad complete the wood (very important), getting A to do something that is outdoors and physical, and getting N to do something that appeals to his meticulous nature. I win-win-win situation if there ever was one.

The kids are happy to help out and never make a stink about my asking for them to take part, which I really appreciate on a number of levels. Also, the wood pile is looking good, and I think (hope?) that by the end of this month year 2 will be completed. Then again, I said that last month, and will probably say it every month until it's done, but sometimes that's just the way things work out.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Kristi Clapinski for the pic.

No comments: