Friday, October 28, 2016

Happy Trails

We haven't been riding our bikes much this season, and didn't much at all over summer, but this past week we hit the trails and it was a blast. The weather was perfect, slightly cool even with a decent breeze. I was dreading the pain and suffering because I'm so out of shape but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, I thought I did pretty okay. Sure, N was miles ahead of me and had to constantly stop and wait for me, but in the end I didn't feel like I was dying. And it was fun.

I've actually been doing the so-called "power ride" fairly regularly, which encompasses about 3.5 miles with some major hills. Mom and the kids often do this as a walk and call it aptly enough the "power walk." The beginning hill is a killer but what a good workout, and I think it helped prep a bit for the trails.

Now that the weather is cool and dry, I'd like to ride more, at least until the snow arrives. We'll see how that goes.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Pepe' Cam Photography for the pic.

No comments: