Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Missing Out

Timing was not on our side (or rather, my side) this past weekend because I had to work in lieu of going to two movies that I would have liked to have seen. We got passes to see Star Trek on Friday and this cool Mountain Film festival on Saturday, and as luck would have it, I had to work on both evenings. Total bummer, but on the bright note, the tickets were free (because of work), and at least mom and the kids got to go. On Friday the kids invited their buddies and it worked out nicely, and everyone enjoyed the movies, with the exception of me, of course, though I know I would have liked them if I'd gone. That's the price you pay to make the big bucks to support a fabulous lifestyle.

There were some good vibes regarding the attainment of said tickets. We get complimentary season passes to the film series but there are several special events that do not apply. I need to contact the film series coordinator and request tickets, which is never a problem because she's very cool and it comes with the territory. I didn't realize the Mountain series was a special event (though I should have known better) and when I went to get tickets two days prior to take-off, they told me as such. I emailed the person in charge and got a reply that she was out of town and wouldn't be back until after the movie. Total bummer. The message did say that her assistant was around and could be contacted in the event of an emergency, but I hardly thought that this was an emergency.

I told the kids that we were out of luck and probably had to skip it this year (we go every year), when lo and behold her assistant contacted me and said she put 4 tickets on hold at the box office for me. Wow, how cool was that? I guess my email got forwarded to her and she took care of it. I was stoked, and it all worked out beautifully, except of course for the fact that I couldn't go, but you have to look at the positives, right?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Filippo Venturi for the pic.

No comments: