Monday, March 7, 2011

Changes in Latitudes

There are some big changes coming on the writing front, and it’s forcing me to deal with my life, for better or worse. My association with the blog sites that I write for seems to be winding down, for numerous reasons, and in the near future I will no longer be able to simply churn out small pieces of content for peanuts. Man do I love peanuts.

The reality of the matter is, writing short blog pieces was never the goal, but rather a step in the right direction. However, like many things in life, it is easy to get caught up in what is comfortable and familiar, and I’d gotten used to researching and writing these pieces. They didn’t pay much, but I learned the drill. The goal was to graduate from these into bigger articles in larger publications, both print and online, so that I could make enough money to support our fabulously luxurious lifestyles.

Now I’ve got to take the next step. I can’t tell you how grateful I am to LT, GG, and WC for giving me my first gig and allowing me to practice my craft, it’s been a great experience, and now I’m like the little bird being nudged out of the nest. It’s either flap my wings or perish. I’ll choose the former, thank you.

Time to step up to the plate and be a real man, or at least a real man in training. This should be good, or at the very least, interesting, not to mention a source of inspiration for this blog.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Petra Winkler for the pic.

No comments: