Thursday, March 17, 2011

What Have I Been Missing?

For all these years I’ve been making mom’s raisin bread, and then opting for bagels and cereal for breakfast. Just the other day I chose her raisin bread and thought to myself, “Hey, this ain’t bad. What have I been missing?” Granted, I love bagels and cereal, but wrestle with the fact that bagels are loaded with simple carbs, and we’re trying to cut back on our milk consumption.

Either way, the raisin bread is chock full of goodies, and the kids are starting to eat it as well, which I think is great. However, this means dad has to start cranking out more bread. I used to make three small loaves a week and this was enough for R, but now that we’ve all jumped into the fray, three loaves won’t do. I doubled the recipe and made five loaves this time (I only have five bread pans), and I think we’re ready to get crazy with breakfast. I can’t wait.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: