Saturday, March 19, 2011

Seek and Ye Shall Find

I was pretty much done with my phredude.com with the exception of one last issue that I could not seem to resolve and for the life of me couldn’t find someone who was either willing to help me, or for that matter, able.

I don’t know if you’re familiar with this feature, but on certain websites (the ones where, unlike me, people know what they’re doing), they present you with live streaming content. This usually involves some news or a blog where there is a short clip of a current story and if you’re interested in reading the “teaser,” you simply click on it and it transports you to the actual page, where you can read the whole thing.

This is similar to what is known as an RSS feed. Either way, I wanted to have this with my blog. A short teaser line that you click on to read the whole thing. Nothing fancy, just standard website stuff. I struggled with this one, and was ready to pay someone (yikes!) to do it for me.

One day I went to an iWeb forum and posed the question, and sure enough, some guy in Barcelona, Spain helped me out. I couldn’t believe it. I found a link where you can type in a website and it gives you the HTML code which you paste into your HTML snippet, and sure enough, it works. You can even do certain modifications to change color or appearances. I couldn’t believe it.

Thanks for the help, and thanks for reading, and thanks to Murali cm for the pic.

No comments: