Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hearing From My Niece

I keep in touch with my brother’s ex-wife and daughter (my niece) on a fairly regular basis. I’ve always liked D, and I figure it’s not her fault that she married a knucklehead like my brother. If anything, I feel sorry for her for having to have put up with the guy. However, I don’t really know much about my niece, and have only met her once when she was a baby. Now she’s 12 years old.

This lack of familiarity makes it hard at times to choose presents for her. I have some sense of who she is, but for the most part don’t know what her interests are or what she likes to do. This past birthday, we sent her a gift and card and indicated that we’d like to get to know her better.

Well, much to my surprise, she sent a really cute thank you letter to all of us, as well as a letter to A&N saying that she’d like to be pen pals with them. How cool is that? The letter was very well written, and full of personality. Plus, it gave us some insight into what she likes to do.

I’m glad, and hope the kids will take the reigns and keep in touch. Actually, we may have to play a role in that, but that’s okay. What else is new?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to RAWKU5 for the pic.

No comments: