Monday, March 14, 2011

Latest phredude.com Developments

I have been struggling with my website to get certain things done on it, and I’ve managed to accomplish a few, though some elude me. I wanted to include social networking links, and there are a number of ways to pull this off, with the most common a button that links to the site, be it Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. The question was, how to make those buttons.

I toiled on this one, and searched far and wide for a way to code the button via an HTML snippet. There are tons of sites devoted solely to buttons for social networking sites, it’s a bit ridiculous. I was looking for a simply icon button, and it wasn’t easy. I’d found plenty of icons, but they didn’t come with the proper HTML code that would send the reader to my profile.

It was only after a couple of days that I realized that I was barking up the wrong tree. Instead of HTML snippets, I should have been simply using hyperlinks. I didn’t know this until yesterday, but you can hyperlink a picture. I always assumed you hyperlinked text, but I was wrong.

With this in mind, I could now use any one of the millions of icons out there and simply paste it onto my website, then hyperlink it to my profile. Piece of cake, right? I realize I’m using a bunch of obnoxious technical jargon, but I don’t know how else to describe it, and in the end, it makes me feel like I know what I’m talking about.

I still need to work out those HTML snippets, however, but that may take some professional intervention. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: