Monday, March 21, 2011

Paying the Price

We had a great last hurrah at S6, and I’m grateful that we had the chance for one more day on the slopes, but man am I paying for it. At least I think I’m paying for it. My back is killing me, and it seems as though I may have slipped a disc or something. I’m suffering terribly, and I think it’s a bit disconcerting for the kids (and for me) to see their dad completely incapacitated.

While I can’t say for sure that skiing did me in, I’m guessing that going off all those jumps with N didn’t help. Besides, my back hurt after Whaleback, but it was killing me after S6. I could barely get out of bed, and when I was at work yesterday, my colleague WWA astutely advised me to, “act my age.” Thanks for the advice.

Either way, it’s a good thing ski season is over and I won’t be lured by the call of the ski hills. One more day on the slopes could kill me.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Marjorie Manicke for the pic.

No comments: