Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bad Timing

Not that there’s ever a good time to have oral surgery, but this is right in the thick of the holidays. When I made the appointment, I didn’t have any sense of how life would be at the time, but I should have known better. The week before Christmas is always a bear. I need to have a cracked tooth removed, and they need to extract it by less-than-desirable means. I know it sounds awful, but what are you going to do?

The biggest problem is that they need to mildly sedate me, and that will make me somewhat non-functional, all during such a busy time. They encouraged me to get it done before the new year in order to take advantage of the insurance I had left before it expired at the end of the year. This makes perfect sense, it’s just that it forces me to deal with something that I would much rather put off indefinitely. Maybe it’s a good thing.

It should be an interesting day. I have all sorts of pills to take before the procedure, so we’ll see how this goes. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Julia Freeman-Woolpert for the pic.

No comments: