Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Surviving One Crazy Monday

As usual, we survived a crazy Monday, and as usual again, it was not as bad as we anticipated. The biggest thing that weighed on my mind was that darn flat tire. First thing Monday morning I took the tire off and called RM at Meunier to see if they would take me. We have a great mechanic who is really close, it’s just they fill up and you usually have to wait a week to get in. I figured it was worth a try, never give up until you find out for yourself, right? RM said he could take care of it if the wheel was already removed from the car, which I figured would be the case. It helped that it was 6:30 in the morning. I drove it over and he repaired the leak, which turned out to be a pretty nasty nail.

From there, the day just took off. A had piano rehearsal in the morning, and then another one after lunch. After the later rehearsal, she had an audition for the school play that coincided with my dentist appointment, so the plan was for her to go to her later rehearsal, then stay at the school library for an hour then go to her audition, which was to last until 4:30. I took N to my dentist, and then we came home, picked up A, and got ready for karate, for which we had a test. We also had to take care of our neighbors cat and fish.

And let us not forget about lunch and dinner, as well. Making meals and cleaning up afterward definitely makes running errands more of a challenge, and you can see why parents opt for prepared foods or fast food. Makes life so much easier. I planned ahead and made dinner in the morning and just heated it up in the evening. Since we had a karate test, I knew there would be cookies and sweets, so I had to make sure the kids ate. As busy as the day was, we still managed to bake cookie bars for the test and the kids made huge strides in decorating the tree. They wanted to surprise mom with a decorated tree, and they did a great job.

In the end, we survived, and as I mentioned, it wasn’t so bad. It never really is, or rather, the anticipation is always so much worse than the reality. If people realized this, myself included, a lot more things in life would get done, but that’s a story for another time.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Kriss Szkurlatowski for the pic.

No comments: