Sunday, December 25, 2011

Staying Warm Over Winter

After months of delay, we finally got our load of logs, and Irving came and filled our propane tank. Even though it’s been fairly mild, we’ll need heat once winter kicks into full gear, and for this year, we’re set. I ordered logs in the early summer, maybe even spring, and when I talked to TB, he said it would be fine. I told him late summer and even fall would work, and that was better for him. Well, come fall, the wood still hadn’t arrived, and I spoke with him again and said even winter would be fine. Our wood for this year is set.

By the time November had rolled around, still no word about our wood. I was ready to look elsewhere, but like the idea of having a reliable source that we go to every year. TB is a no-nonsense kind of guy, and when he finally contacted us some time in early December, he even said he understood if I’d already gotten wood from someone else. That was not the case, but I was not above encouraging a little remorse.

To add to the fun, he raised his price $10 cord, but what are you going to do? We got our wood, and I can start cutting it anytime between now and spring. A few days later, they topped off our propane, so we’re set.

Now all we need is some snow, and lots of it. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: