Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Down and Out

Last week I had oral surgery, or at least what seemed like oral surgery. It was involved enough to where they sedated me and stitches were involved, not to mention antibiotics and recovery. I thought they were just going to pull the tooth.

Actually, that’s not totally true. I knew it would be somewhat involved, just not that involved. In fact, I was planning on taking the kids skiing on Friday, but they said no strenuous activity for five days. What does that have to do with my mouth? I guess too much blood flow could compromise the healing, and I was acutely aware that my mouth was like a construction site. I.e., no skiing or skating for dad. The timing worked out because of the holiday and no learn to play hockey until the new year. Ironically, the lack of snow also worked in my favor because the skiing isn’t so good these days.

To add to the fun, N had an 8:30 AM practice, which is another story in and of itself, but more on that later. For now, I have to rinse with warm salt water. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Matthew Maaskant for the pic.

No comments: