Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Stick

Well, after all this rumination about hockey sticks and all the back and forth, we ended up with a new stick, after all. I may have relayed this story, but I’ll give a quick recap. We wanted to get N a new stick, a composite, like all the kids use. In the interim, we had a stick we’d gotten for A, which she decided she didn’t want to use because she has no interest in hockey. I cut it to size and gave it to N, but he stuck with his wood stick. When I asked him if he wanted a new stick, he said he didn’t really need one.

One of his teammates is a left hand shot, and apparently he received a right handed shot stick for a gift and couldn’t use it. His mom asked me if we wanted it, and I said sure. It’s a nice stick, a composite, of course, and brand new. Well, N asked if we could cut it to size and he could use it. It turns out I had cut the other stick too short, and he liked it a little longer. I asked him to show me exactly where he wanted it cut, and did so.

Now he’s using his new stick, and all is well in the hockey world... for now.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: