Friday, December 2, 2011

Massive Playdate

We had our homeschool book club, and there is a new participant in the mix. He’s a really nice boy, I think he’s 11, and all the kids really jive. After book club they all get crazy, but it’s not really the proper thing to do in a library, so it was decided that everyone would come over to our house to play. The funny thing about his development was that I was the last one to find out about this plan, I kid you not. The other parents were thanking me for having the kids over for a playdate, and my first question was, what playdate?

I’ve said this in the past, I don’t mind having all the kids over. The more the merrier, and what’s great is that it’s only for a couple of hours, and they have so much fun just doing whatever that I don’t even have to provide drinks or snacks. They just take off on autopilot. A&N love it because they enjoy having friends over, and I can get things done, like make dinner before N’s hockey. The other parents are cognizant of the responsibility of watching over so many kids, so they don’t take advantage and show up promptly.

I for one think the arrangement works out perfectly. DE can get to work, CH can get some things done, and all the kids have fun. It’s a good mix of boys and girls, too. This past time I got hang out with D and J, who are both from So Cal, and it was nice chatting with them. All in all, a good time was had, and I for one wouldn’t mind if we made it a regular thing.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Michal Zacharzewski for the pic.

No comments: