Saturday, December 3, 2011

Doctor, Doctor

How this for irony? I’ve had the same primary care physician for the past 6 years, and though I’ve never met her or even spoken with her, she is ditching me. I feel so hurt. I got a letter from her stating that she has become increasingly busy and is seeing fewer patients, and in light of this, I should find a new doctor. Funny how things work.

Not that it’s her fault. Through a series of scheduling conflicts on both ends, whenever I’ve tried to get an appointment with her, there has been a 6 month wait, and that’s not an exaggeration. I also opt to see whom ever is available, usually a resident or a PA. Now she’s telling me she our time in Eden has come to an end.

It actually works out fine, the doc I’ve been seeing the most is willing to take me in as a new patient, I just find it all sort of funny. Then again, the state of our medical care system is no laughing matter.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Kurhan for the pic.

No comments: